The lovely Bookish High Jinks for Fun & Profit recently nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award, which was really encouraging after just a couple of weeks of blogging when I was starting to wonder if I should be blogging at all. So I’m really grateful for both the nomination and the timing – I’ll keep on blogging for a bit longer at least!
Here’s how it works:
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by bloggers for newer or up-and-coming fellow bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog
OK, it was a bit of a struggle to get the logo into this post but now I need to come up with 7 facts about me – that’s even more of a challenge!
- I hate having to come up with stuff about me for lists like this!
- I love travelling to other countries
- I have loved learning languages ever since I can remember
- I was born and raised in Robin Hood country
- Being born where I was means I support Nottingham Forest football club
- My favourite views have water and mountains in them – somewhere like the Lake District or Lake Garda
- I’m a real introvert so even sharing a few facts like this feels like way too much information for way too many people!
And now I’m supposed to nominate 15 bloggers. I’ve been finding and enjoying so many good blogs since I signed up for Blogging 101, but lots of them are well-established blogs with lots of followers so I’m just going to list five that seem newer and belong to the much bigger group I would describe as ‘lovely blogs’. I realise some of you have probably been nominated for this award already, so I really don’t mind if you prefer not to complete all the guidelines that go with accepting the nomination. But thank you for all your lovely blogs and for the things I’ve learned from reading them and being inspired by your designs.